Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"Burning Flames 3" too many errors/flashbacks; Kevin Cheng drives viewers away

5 posters

Go down

"Burning Flames 3" too many errors/flashbacks; Kevin Cheng drives viewers away Empty "Burning Flames 3" too many errors/flashbacks; Kevin Cheng drives viewers away

Post by summer7879 Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:54 pm

Credit : Source: 21CN.com
Translated by: aZnangel @ http://asianuniverse.net/forums/

"Burning Flames 3" too many errors/flashbacks; Kevin Cheng drives viewers away 637053ba619a5fcd52a100c

"Burning Flames 3" too many errors/flashbacks; Kevin Cheng drives viewers away

TVB series "Burning Flames III" replaced "The Threshold of An Era" and did not let us down with the average premiere ratings of 33 points on its first week of broadcast, episode one's rating reached up to 36 points. This makes it the highest ratings of first episodes on TVB since 3 years. Netizens have been engaged in heated discussions on the series, although most gave positive feedback, but others say that there are lack of challenges, including too much messy flashbacks, Kevin Cheng also gets named the new "drives customers away" . The producer of the series Amy Wong Sam Wai accepted an interview and responded to the criticisms, he said that it's really hard to accommodate everyone in every scene, but in the future she will try to. She also defends Kevin Cheng, she said that he's leading this week and it will be gradually carried out later, Netizens do not have to rush now to criticize him yet.

ERRORS IN THE SERIES

"Burning Flames 3" too many errors/flashbacks; Kevin Cheng drives viewers away Bbeef1837bf9a4bc91e9453
Heading: Andy Dai had 5 stars! The front door said he's "Secretary of Firefighers"

Badge Error
Andy Dai Chi Wai plays the "Secretary of Firefighters" and appeared in the series with "5 stars" on his badge, but the actual Hong Kong "Secretary of Firefighters" has only "3 stars" on their badge. TVB also noticed the error in episode 1 and quicky changed Andy's status to "Senior Divisional Officer" in episode 2. Although the change happened fast, but Netizens discovered it faster.

Cross-Fire Error
The main characters work in the supposed "Kowloon City Fire Department". In episode 2, a fire started in a karaoke bar in Wong Tai Sin, the main characters took action immediately to go rescue the area, but the careful Netizens discovered that within the "Wong Tai Sin Karaoke" is actually in Tsuen Wan in reality. Tsuen Wan and Kowloon City are actually totally unrelated because the two districts are no where near each other. Such a big fire, in reality the Kowloon District Fire Department probably won't be dealing with it and no such "cross-fire" would happen.

Breaks Over
In episode 02 during the karaoke fire, team leader Chung Yau Sing (Wong Hei) requested for reinforcement from the fire department. As a result, his colleagues Cheuk Pak Yue (Kevin Cheng) and his whole team came for assistance. Netizens called this irrational because the plot revealed that Wong Hei was the leader of Team A, Kevin is the leader of Team B, therefore the two teams take turns in work shifts. One team on duty, while the other team rests. Generally speaking, the only reinforcement would be the fire trucks from other fire departments and not the Team B who is currently resting.

Jumping off building, no pad
One scene was about the firemen rescuing a person who was jumping off the building, the ground did not have any air-cushion, Netizens thought that this was not rational. [I think the cushion was suppose to save the falling person in case he/she jumps off the building]

--------------------
Kevin Cheng "drives customers away"
"The Threshold of An Era" ended with poor ratings, the main reason is because the cast members lack "viewers fate", especially Patrick Tang, Yoyo Mung and Toby Leung who were named "The 3 Customer Shoo-ers". After "Burning Flames III" airs, the cast members performances are again discussed. Among the three main male leads, Kevin, Wong Hei and Bosco Wong, Kevin gets criticized the most. Some Netizens say although he's "TV King", but he has a dull performance: "Kevin's personal expressions does not change no matter what series or character he's in." Some people even said that he's the new "Customer Shoo-er" (driving customers away).

Netizens compared his scenes with Wong Hei, saying that "he totally let Wong Hei steals his limelight." One scene talked about Kevin's team members making a mistake and Wong He wanted to punish him. Kevin tried to plea for his team. While Wong Hei was speaking, he changed his hand motions into 3 positions, showing his real emotions and the level of feeling while he speaks. Unfortunately Kevin did not have any type of response to that, he did not take any action to accommodate Wong Hei's hand movements.

Messy Flashbacks
Starting from Episode 05, there was many flashbacks. Netizens felt that it was "too much", becoming too complicated and confusing, it was almost as if the whole entire episode was made up of Flashbacks and old memories. Netizens said: "Sometimes we can't even tell what is present time and what is the past."

Non-Connecting Scenes / No Plans for "BF4"
The "Burning Flames" trilogy was created by Producer Amy Wong. Netizens say that some scenes it was "really wrong", like the Secretary of Firefighters badge. The producer expressed that this is true, she admits that some camera angles were not connecting. But she said that some angles, the majority of HK viewers will not notice, like the error that happened in the Wong Tai Sin karaoke fire scene. Also, mistakes do not only happen in TVB series, movies, other television series also do have mistakes and errors. "But", she expressed that she will try her best to reduce the amount in the future.

Regarding to the criticisms towards Kevin, Amy Wong expressed that the series has 30 episodes, the story will get exciting later on. She is very confident that the series will be able to attract more viewers. But, Reporters asked if she plans to make a "Burning Flames 4", she does not dare to say so. "I have to see if its necessary for the market, currently I don't have any plans to make a sequel."
summer7879
summer7879
Illusive Serenity Supporter

http://mic7879tvb.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

"Burning Flames 3" too many errors/flashbacks; Kevin Cheng drives viewers away Empty Re: "Burning Flames 3" too many errors/flashbacks; Kevin Cheng drives viewers away

Post by summer7879 Thu Jul 16, 2009 2:49 am

I dun notice those, but 1 thing, epi 5 & 6 is so bored,
flash back to pass abt Kevin and Wong He, lol.. make me wanna sleep..

Plus, kevin is the spoiler to the series, he dun know act,
in wat ever series also some impression, wonder is he acting ar....

But i Like Wong He and Bosco role in the series...

Myolie, sound like too good.. for her role...

i wil expect more on Aimee and Bosco, sure a funny and cute pair.
summer7879
summer7879
Illusive Serenity Supporter

http://mic7879tvb.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

"Burning Flames 3" too many errors/flashbacks; Kevin Cheng drives viewers away Empty Re: "Burning Flames 3" too many errors/flashbacks; Kevin Cheng drives viewers away

Post by lynneD Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:14 pm

agree....ep.5 &6 was so boring, and the flashbacks were all so long....I thought they were suppose to be short, and it kept on going....just hope there won't be anymore of that..........
lynneD
lynneD
Elite Members

http://tvb-horizon.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by ron1404 Fri Jul 17, 2009 6:13 am

kevin have no impression
i always call him the 'dull guys'
ron1404
ron1404
Elite Members

http://mdwavforum.proboards.com/index.cgi?

Back to top Go down

Post by Vivien Fri Jul 17, 2009 3:40 pm

I've only watched up to episode 3 and I don't think there are too many flashbacks yet. I agree with everyone about Kevin though. I don't think he can act that well. They should've just put the focus on Wong He.
Vivien
Vivien
Admin

http://www.tvb-elicit.co.cc

Back to top Go down

Post by Blossom Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:46 pm

Lol I didn't notice a lot of those errors. But how I would know how many stars would be on the "Secretary of Firefighters"'s badge Suspect
Wow the netizens are very observant.
Blossom
Blossom
Elite Members

http://thoughtsontvb23.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ron1404 Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:51 pm

who is netizens ?
ron1404
ron1404
Elite Members

http://mdwavforum.proboards.com/index.cgi?

Back to top Go down

Post by Vivien Sun Jul 19, 2009 6:17 pm

Lol yeah sometimes netizens can be way too picky. I pick up on some of these errors too but they don't annoy me that much to complain to TVB about it. I wonder if they researched stuff about firemen, how would they know all these were mistakes.
Vivien
Vivien
Admin

http://www.tvb-elicit.co.cc

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down