Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Beyond or Born Rich?

4 posters

Go down

Beyond  or Born Rich? Empty Beyond or Born Rich?

Post by Matchbox Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:58 am

I have just started to watch both of these anniversary series and I personally find Born Rich better. I really like Jamie Chik and Anita Yuen in this. Ray Lui is also a very good actor here. can't stand Kenix, sorry to her fans, she's too skinny here and her role is not likeable, quite a psycho.

As for Beyond, I think it's too similar to Jewel of the Palace. Not too many climax scenes so far. But I am excited about watching Tavia playing evil for the first time. What a Face
Matchbox
Matchbox
Elite Members

Back to top Go down

Beyond  or Born Rich? Empty Re: Beyond or Born Rich?

Post by Vivien Sat Nov 07, 2009 7:45 pm

I'm enjoying Beyond right now. I find it okay but like Matchbox said, it resembles Jewel of the Palace a lot. I didn't watch that series but people are saying that TVB is copying them.

As for Born Rich, I've only looked at episode 4 randomly. I found Nancy Sit's character so annoying! She was throwing a tantrum or something. I think Kenix is too skinny now, she doesn't look as pretty anymore. I love Anita though, her character seems fun.
Vivien
Vivien
Admin

http://www.tvb-elicit.co.cc

Back to top Go down

Post by Matchbox Sat Nov 07, 2009 9:04 pm

Vivien ~ glad you agree that Kenix is way too skinny and has lost that pretty spark. I dunno why she can't se that herself, she needs to eat MORE! I think Anita is much prettier than her and has the right figure.

Nancy Sit isn't a very good actress I feel. Bit OTT but maybe that's just her character in the series? Did you mean the tantrum when she was on the golf course? lol she was quite hilarious.

Beyond, is Okay but abit boring for me at times. I think when Tavia becomes evil thats when I will get into it more. Susan Tse is Great though, her parts are what gets me glued to the screen.
Matchbox
Matchbox
Elite Members

Back to top Go down

Post by TVBInteraction Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:42 pm

So far I'm on episode 12 of Beyond and 10 of Born Rich and I'll have to say that I like Born Rich more, despite both being great productions. Born Rich is a good mix of drama and comedy while Beyond has too much drama. The arguing and fighting scenes feel too excessive but some eps end on great cliffhangers.

The cast of Born Rich is also stronger with Ray, Jaime, Gallen, Kenix, and Anita. The performances feel so much better. Gallen is hilarious and he and Kenneth make great onscreen siblings. They're so fun to watch, and Kenneth is adorable in the series. I love Anita's character and the love triangle between her, Gallen, and Joe is probably the only love triangle I've ever looked forward to watching. While Ray's delivering a solid performance I'm not that fond of his character and I don't really know what to think of Kenix's character so far. I also agree with you guys Kenix is wayyy too skinny. Considering she's pregnant, I hope she'll gaining more weight on her body! Jaime's character Connie is likable because despite being a housewife she also knows how to make her own decisions and stand up for herself.

Nancy is pretty annoying in this series, but I'm guessing it's just her character that's OTT. Gee, now I know why Nancy fell ill while filming this series! She has to yell and scream so much! Haha, just kidding.

Beyond's cast is not as solid, and the male cast is too weak. Can't wait to see Tavia turn evil though, because that was the whole reason why I was so looking forward to this series in the first place. Is it me, or does she not even have much screen time so far?

TVBInteraction

Back to top Go down

Post by meechelle Mon Nov 16, 2009 1:19 am

I can't really pick. Both has its good parts and bad parts.
Born Rich was boring for a few episodes, now its catching up again, but its still kind of boring. They have great casts though. Nancy Sit is pretty annoying. Anita is such an amazing actress.
Beyond is good for their female characters. It is very boring at times too though. Its weak point is Charmaine & Kevin scenes... It's really good with Tavia and Selena's bickering. Tavia has done an outstanding job here.

meechelle

http://www.falachen.co.nr

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down