Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tavia Yeung is pretty good too

Go down

Tavia Yeung is pretty good too Empty Tavia Yeung is pretty good too

Post by summer7879 Sat Nov 14, 2009 7:34 am

Credit : Source: TVB Weekly Issue 646
Magazine Scans: tavia.org
Credits: Jessie's Blog

Tavia Yeung is pretty good too

Tavia Yeung is pretty good too News3tavia1
Tavia Yeung is pretty good too News4tavia2

When I mentioned Tavia Yeung when I was chatting in msn with my friend, my friend said, “An ordinary person but has a good personality.” Because of this sentence, a reporter that has nothing to type out in nearly 2 hours finally found some ideas on what to write. Maybe because of the “not too over” exposures, when the fate comes, the focus on her is extraordinary. Before [Beyond] is aired, the media created a lot of huge reports on her about the fighting for awards, analysis on how to win awards and also the ending of [Beyond]. They even added gossips into the story and stated that she is fighting the Best Actress award with Charmaine Sheh and Kenix Kwok. This is the first time Tavia Yeung became a hot topic in news headline since she entered this industry for 10 years. As an artiste, positive reports of course are considered a good sign but if there are negative reports, it means that you have the news value there. If nobody is interested in writing about you, then it is a worse situation. Actually if there are good reports about you, it is considered quite a good sign.

Pitiful Kam Ling

Tavia Yeung portrayed an evil role in [Beyond] after entered this industry for 10 years. The series is aired until the middle part now and Yiu Kam Ling is at the middle part of the road to turn evil. In the eyes of Tavia Yeung, Yiu Kam Ling’s evilness is actually not of her own volition. “Actually Kam Ling is a pitiful person. She always bullied by other peoples in the palace. If she never strikes back, at last she will not be able to survive in the palace. She is different from Lau Sam Ho. This is because Sam Ho always believes to the sayings, “Good deeds will have good rewards.” However, Kam Ling lost her parents since small and had to depend on other peoples to survive. She always does not have the feelings of being loved. Although Sam Ho’s family treated her well, but anyhow she was just a maid. So she is not willing to resign herself to fate and hopes to outstand one day. When she meets with any injustice, she will strike back to protect herself.”

First time to portray as a villain and important role, other than had to use a few hours for makeup, Tavia would have to keep on change from good to evil expressions during filming. “We normally do not follow accordingly during filming series. Today I’m an evil person and maybe tomorrow I will become a good person. The changes were fast and during that situation, I would have to remind myself to be prepared for my emotions. I feel that the most important is to speak out my dialogues properly. This was because I did not want to affect my partner and I didn’t want to keep on NG. Other than that, I always practiced at home and tried the evilness feelings before official filming. (How to practice?) Just try it at home. I would try to do different expressions in front of the mirror.” Other than facial expressions, dialogues tone were also something that Tavia should change. “When I was evil, my voice tone should change too. When I watched the trailer that time, I felt like my voice was being dubbed. It was different from the normal Tavia Yeung. It was strange and I was not used to it but I did not feel it during filming.”

In the eyes of Tavia Yeung, Liu Xiao Qing is someone she can learn from. “I feel that Liu Xiao Qing is great! She has the aggressiveness feel. Although Kam Ling might not need to have the feel until to that extent, but she indeed is a good example that I can learn from. I feel that mainland artistes portray very well in ancient series.” Portray every roles well is every artistes’ responsibilities. This time Tavia Yeung doubled up her efforts because a lot of peoples felt that she couldn’t portray villain roles. “Everybody feels that Tavia cannot portray villain roles and impossible for me to try villain roles. This is because my appearance does not look like an evil person. I really want to prove to them that I can do it. Before this I did some photo shooting for magazine. They asked me to do some evil expressions. However, no matter how I did it, they felt that I was laughing. I feel that photo shooting and filming is two different things. Filming is lively and can capture many sides of me. But photo shooting only can capture that moment of me.”

Tavia Yeung is pretty good too News5tavia3
Tavia Yeung is pretty good too News6tavia4

Self awareness

[Beyond] mainly revolves around the fighting in the palace amongst palace maids and imperial concubines. Mentioning “fighting”, Tavia Yeung said that this is something that will exist in life. “No matter is last time or now, fighting will appear when there is something to be fight for. This is human. When there are peoples exist, fighting, strength, money and other problems will exist too. The problem is what you do to get something you want. Maybe the peoples last time will be more easy-thinking and will only think that I want to kill you and will use this way to win you. But now the peoples will use all sorts of tricks and strategy and does those little movements behind one’s back. [Beyond] brings out the difference between good and evil. “Do good deeds, speak good words and show goodwill” will have good rewards.”

Tavia Yeung who is in entertainment circle which is more or less the same with palace, expressed that she is lucky that nobody tried to harm her before. “This is because I believe how you treat peoples and that is how peoples will treat you back. Just like if I am not sincere in doing interviews, the reporters may not give any response but they may end up writing their own opinions on the reports. How you see peoples is just how other peoples see you in this field. The position you get is related to the way you do things. If you are not sincere, no matter how high is your position, you will not have true friends. From outside, peoples may treat you politely, but actually peoples will look down on your behavior.”

“Actually I met those peoples who were not really good. But never mind. If we can become good friends, then we are good friends. If we cannot become good friends, then we can still become colleagues! But we will not become enemies as this is not necessary because I’m not going to face each other for the rest of our lives. It is hard to maintain self awareness especially when someone is in dilemma. However Tavia Yeung always remembers one thing. “There is a senior. Maybe that is her style or she does not mean it. She is cool and always ignores other peoples. I will tell myself. Tavia Yeung cannot become like this. Although not close with each other, but since knows each other, greets each other is just a normal thing to do. I tell myself, if one day Tavia Yeung becomes like this, I will beat my own “pat pat” when I reach home.

Full of confidence

[Heart Of Greed] on last 2 years, [Moonlight Resonance] on last year and until [Beyond] on this year, Tavia Yeung gave an impression to audiences that she is getting improved in her acting skills. Her confidence expressions are getting better too. But the confidence expressions look comfortable amongst audiences. “Maybe because the series genres were different and the chances of development that given by producer became wider. The Tavia Yeung last time would only portray good girls. The Tavia Yeung now can be either good or evil person. The characters of the roles may be willful and not only good all the times. I always feel that I have the chance all these while. However, as an actress, a chance is not enough. If I cannot grab the roles well, then it will be useless too.”

Tavia Yeung is pretty good too News7tavia5

For Tavia Yeung, she received good roles in these few years and the feedbacks from audiences are greater than expected. “I feel that my performances in these few years are around the same but the feedbacks were greater than expected. Human is strange. When you have reactions from peoples, peoples will stop by and glance at you. However, how to prevent those peoples to forget you after they took a glance at you? An actress’s job is just like some types of flowers that only blossoms at night. How are we going to maintain the blossoming of the flowers? I will put more efforts on this and will do all my best in my job and do not want to depend on all sorts of rumours.

In the eyes of media, as long as you have confidence, no matter what you do, you will have a natural performance. It applies to actresses and singers as well. We can feel the confidence from appearance. Therefore, media felt that confidence played an important role for Tavia on portraying her roles in recent years and Tavia also admitted on this. “Recently I indeed become bold when I do things. Not like last time when I did not receive recognition from audiences. I did not want to do too many things and afraid that audiences would feel disgusted and over. Confidence always comes from supports. When many people support me, then I will have confidence to do it.” Her career went on smoothly so everyone will start to care about Tavia’s love life. Tavia who had not dated for a long time expressed, “Very empty and dry! If there is someone to date, I also hope that love and career to go on together. However, it is hard to control love relationship. Think back year 2009, it was already few years whereby I worked non-stop and did not have time for myself. Dating really needs a lot of time. When something cannot be rushed, then I will not think about it. I will eat it when I found it!” The reporter laughed when she said this.

That day, Tavia had bruises on her leg and this was due to her injuries during the filming of “Shall We State The Case”.

In that scene, Tavia Yeung needed to carry Mary Hon and ran in the forest. At the end, she accidentally fell down and injured her left leg. She found it quite serious after examined by the doctor.

Really scary after heard this!

Because of this, during the filming process, a joke where everyone was laughing at pictures whereby Tavia sat down and she did not put her legs properly and being laughed as “Jump Building Leg”, became not funny already.
summer7879
summer7879
Illusive Serenity Supporter

http://mic7879tvb.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Tavia Yeung is pretty good too Empty Re: Tavia Yeung is pretty good too

Post by summer7879 Sat Nov 14, 2009 7:55 am

Tavia be come a very proffessional and great actress.. wish so, this year the
Best Female Awards wil goes to her...
summer7879
summer7879
Illusive Serenity Supporter