Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Woman swallows 78 items of cutlery

3 posters

Go down

Woman swallows 78 items of cutlery Empty Woman swallows 78 items of cutlery

Post by Matchbox Sat Nov 07, 2009 7:02 pm

A woman obsessed with swallowing spoons and forks was forced to have an operation after she ate an entire canteen of cutlery.

Woman swallows 78 items of cutlery Cutlery1512347c
The cutlery removed from the woman's stomach

Surgeons in Rotterdam, Holland, removed 78 different items of cutlery from Margaret Daalmans's stomach after she came to hospital complaining of stomach pains.

An astonishing X-ray taken before the operation showed dozens of forks and spoons trapped inside the 52-year-old patient.

"She seems to have been suffering from some sort of obsession and every time she sat down for a meal she would ignore the food and eat the cutlery," said one medic.

Daalmans works as a secretary in a local estate agents and told doctors: "I don't know why but I felt an urge to eat the silverware – I could not help myself."

Medics also revealed it was not the first time that she had been treated for eating the cutlery.

They said she has been diagnosed as suffering from a borderline personality disorder that left her with an urge to eat cutlery and she was now getting therapy.

Doctors said there have reportedly been other cases as well of people being treated for the urge to eat unsuitable objects – but none that appear to have consumed quite as much cutlery in a single session.

They confirmed that the woman had only ever eaten forks and spoons – but never knives. They were unable to explain why.

The woman made a full recovery and is said to be responding well to her treatment for the obsession.
Matchbox
Matchbox
Elite Members

Back to top Go down

Woman swallows 78 items of cutlery Empty Re: Woman swallows 78 items of cutlery

Post by Blossom Thu Nov 26, 2009 11:41 am

Woahhhh how can the woman ignore the food and eat the cutlery??
Lol is swallowing so many cutlery even possible?
Blossom
Blossom
Elite Members

http://thoughtsontvb23.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by R.Ed Thu May 13, 2010 6:28 am

I can't believe she did that, is that a hoax??

R.Ed
Members

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down